Intergenerational impact of Indian Residential School exist, some youth I work with share stories how they were treated at home the beating and abuse they get when they were young. Alcohol and drug abuse they saw while growing up..the family violence… I’m not saying I was better, my children must have had a hard life too. The biblical teaching “whipping the rod” to discipline a child is not Anishinaabe way. Our ancestors remind us to never hit a child for they are sacred, they say use “LOVE” to discipline your children.
- Ronnie Beaver on Prescription Drug Abuse
- Ronnie Beaver on Peetahpun Youth Conference in Mishkeegogamang 2014
- Elaine Campbell on Peetahpun Youth Conference in Mishkeegogamang 2014
- Elaine Campbell on Prescription Drug Abuse
- Joan on 7 Grandfathers Teachings